Trying to save password in Chrome freezes page

Options

Any website I visit and attempt to save a login for causes the page to freeze. No errors in the dev console, no difference between release and beta versions.

Only have 4 plugins installed - Webex, Json Formatter, Symantec Extension and 1Password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.9.6 ( Beta )
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow @sfuzzymagic! I can't recall a single person reporting something like this before.

Could you please let me know the operating system and Chrome version you're running? Additionally, I'd love to get a diagnostics report from you, but it looks like that section of our support site has an issue of its own. I'll let you know when that's resolved.

-Beyer

• sfuzzymagic
    sfuzzymagic
    Community Member
    Options

Windows 10, Chrome: 67.0.3396.99

• mattdozier
    mattdozier
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. ASUS Chromebook, Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• benoit_dupont
    benoit_dupont
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I have the same issue. It's because my 1password plugin is locked.
    It works perfectly when it's unlocked.

You should alert or propose the user to log when you try to save a password and the plugin is not unlocked.

Win10 64bits
    Google Chrome
    1Password X 1.8.2

• Mitch
    Options

Hey @benoit_dupont, thanks for pointing out this issue. There was a bug where 1Password X prompted to save logins even when it was locked; it was fixed in the beta version of the extension and will be released in an update to everyone soon.

-Mitch

• sfuzzymagic
    sfuzzymagic
    Community Member
    Options

Your issue, @benoit_dupont and the one I reported are not the same. My 1PW-X is unlocked, and I can fill already existing passwords using it. I can, however, not save new entries without the page freezing

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sfuzzymagic: I'm sorry for the trouble. The next time it happens, can you see if there's anything showing up in the logs?

1. Open Chrome and go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Under 1Password X, click "background page"
    3. Click "Debug" underneath "1Password X - Password Manager"
    4. Select the "Console" tab
    5. Unlock 1Password X
    6. Copy everything in the Console and save it to a text file

Let me know what you find!

• Mongoose089
    Mongoose089
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

I am having the same problem but only noticed it on Guest Accounts. You click Save Password and the page just locks up.

Set up a new Guest account on a Chromebook Plus V2 and first noticed it. Set up a new Guest Account on a Windows 10 PC, same issue. 1PasswordX 1.9.8, Stable 1.8 also affected. I suspect Guest account related.

• Mitch
    Options

Hi all,

We've confirmed that there is an issue with saving logins in guest accounts and will fix it in an upcoming patch. Thank you for the bug reports and I'm sorry for the headaches this is causing.

-Mitch

This discussion has been closed.