changeable passwords...newbie scared to death of equipment lockout

Options

I just joined 1Password today for a number of reasons but one was to protect my network. The first thing I am attempting to do is create a password for my VOiP phones. What I have discovered during my first encounter with the 1Password interface is that once I create a password, it can be easily changed or regenerated. This frightens me to no end because if I inadvertently change or regenerate the password for my phones I will be locked out of the equipment interface. My question then is once I create a password, can I "lock" it, preventing even me from accidentally changing or regenerating it (in effect losing my password forever)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Newbie...scared to death of changable passwords. Can I lock them after creation

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dehaven: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the scare, but in fact there's nothing to fear: while you cannot "lock" an item, when you change a password in a login, 1Password keeps the old one in under "previously used passwords"...and with a 1Password.com account, you also get item history, so you can even revert to a previous version of an item if yo make a mistake. That's part of 1Password.com's automatic offsite backup, so it's not something you even have to think about. 1Password's got your back! I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.