[Feature Request] Separate 1Password iOS Password Generator Screen

Options
go2jo
go2jo
Community Member

I wish I could open the iOS app and in that bottom row of icons could choose to see the password generator screen without having to create a new document. Once I generated a new password I could then choose to just copy it to the clipboard, save it as a password, or a full login.

The way it is right now, I have to create an entry first, then eventually get to the generator. Once I created the password, if I didn't want to save the generated password I have to cancel. There are too many times I just want to generate a password only.

I just think that the generator as a stand alone screen makes more sense and becomes more functional. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And if real estate is limited to only 4 icons you can implement icon popup menus like Tweetbot uses. Short touch activates icon's function, long touch brings up popup menu to set the default icon/function. Pretty smart! And in all the years I've used the iOS app I've never used the Organize icon/function.

1Password Version: iOS v7.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: iOS 12 b4
Sync Type: 1P-Cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion, @go2jo. An interesting idea. I like the concept of the popup menu, but I do worry about the interface becoming cluttered. Also I understand you may not make heavy use of tags (and thus the organize tab) but that certainly isn’t a universal experience. :) Something to think about. Thanks again.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.