On my iPhone the 1password application doesn’t work for all of my logins.

Options
kgilpinpowers
kgilpinpowers
Community Member

On my iPhone while using 1password app some of my logins work great and 1password automatically fills in my user name and password for that site. On other sites the 1Password app does not fill in my username and password. When this happens I have to go back into 1Password and copy and paste the username and password. On my MacBook using Google Chrome everything works great with 1Password. The problem is really just on my iPhone. Can this be fixed? I have iOS 11.4.1 on my iPhone. Thank you

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

Hi @kgilpinpowers

If the logins are working as expected in Chrome on your MacBook then you’re likely running into a limitation of iOS. One such limitation is that we cannot fill within iframe (inline frame) elements within web pages on iOS due to security concerns, where no such concern exists in desktop web browsers. Some sites use iframes to present their login form fields. Schwab and Apple are two that come to mind off hand.

There are some improvements coming in iOS 12 that may improve this experience, though it is still a little early to say for sure.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: WFS-42743-222

This discussion has been closed.