To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How can 1Password look further for my account?

Options
1PassTalk
1PassTalk
Community Member
  1. My Android went into Safe Mode because of a phone malfunction so I do not have access to my 1Password account. A replacement phone is on the way and I don't want to lose my data in transition to it.

2. Without access to my account on my phone, I cannot look up my Safe Key. 1Password has no record of my account. I thought I had a subscription to where I could access it from multiple devices. Without the Safe Key I have no way for 1Password to look further for my account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1PassTalk: Thanks for reaching out. (Un)fortunately AgileBits doesn't ever have either your Secret Key or Master Password, as that wouldn't be very secure at all. The Master Password is chosen by you, and the Secret Key is generated locally on your device. Neither is ever transmitted. We don't have access to your data can't recover either of these for you. You would be able to find your Secret Key in one of the following places though:

I hope you're able to find your Emergency Kit, or have another authorized device where you can view your Secret Key. That and your other account credentials will allow you to access your data on another device. Otherwise it will not be possible to login to your 1Password Account. But if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

Please let me know how it goes. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• 1PassTalk
    1PassTalk
    Community Member
    Options

So I lose all my usernames & passwords, brenty??

• cruise2001
    cruise2001
    Community Member
    Options

Agilebits does not have access to your login credentials. You are responsible for storing those in a safe place. There is no way to recover them.

• 1PassTalk
    1PassTalk
    Community Member
    Options

I have determined that I have an old standalone account. I do not recall there ever being the option to set up a Secret Key.

In any event, when I switched from an iPhone to my Android, I used the cloud for the transfer of passwords. When I get my replacement Android, will I be able to access the cloud for downloading my passwords?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have determined that I have an old standalone account. I do not recall there ever being the option to set up a Secret Key.

@1PassTalk: Indeed, sorry for the confusion. If you were using the standalone 1Password app(s), you won't have an account at all — only if you'd signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s also the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you'd be using 1Password without an account and syncing your own data.

In any event, when I switched from an iPhone to my Android, I used the cloud for the transfer of passwords. When I get my replacement Android, will I be able to access the cloud for downloading my passwords?

No matter what, we don' have access to your 1Password data and therefore cannot give it to you either. However, if you have your 1Password data stored somewhere else, you could copy or sync it to your new device. Where do you have it currently?

• 1PassTalk
    1PassTalk
    Community Member
    Options

I believe my data is in Dropbox.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@1PassTalk: Thanks for letting me know! If that's the case, it will still be there unless you delete it. When you install 1Password again, Dropbox is one of the options on the setup screen. Just select that and choose your existing vault, and then all you'll need to do is enter the correct Master Password and you'll be back in business. Let me know how it turns out!

• 1PassTalk
    1PassTalk
    Community Member
    Options

Hurray! I installed 1Password and was able to sync my passwords from Dropbox.

Now, how do I go about purchasing a 1Password Subscription and moving my passwords to it from my standalone version? I want to have access from different devices.

• Ben
    Options

1Password membership is nice for a lot of reasons but one is the freedom to access your data using the latest versions of 1Password across any of your compatible devices. You can learn about how to migrate you a membership here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Once set up you'll want to be sure to print an Emergency Kit and store it someplace safe:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.