How do I delete the "We found 2 accounts on your Mac" list of logins?

reelfish
reelfish
Community Member

Hello. Using 1password for Mac 7.07 here. Upon installing and signing in to two accounts, once you remove either account, they still show up in the list when signing back in. How do I remove them from said list?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.3
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @reelfish, this data is stored in the iCloud Keychain, but it is not intended to be deleted. There are, however, two workarounds to make this happen:

Option 1

If the account you are trying to remove has been deleted: attempting to add it will remove it from the list and iCloud keychain

Option 2

If you have your emergency kits stored in a safe place, you can get rid of all these entries or individual ones by doing the following:

1. Open the app "Keychain Access"
    2. Search for com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials in the "Passwords" category
    3. Make sure that your Emergency Kit is saved in a safe place before proceeding. Right click the entry that you want to remove and select "Delete". Storing these credentials in the iCloud Keychain is only a convenience for when you reinstall the app, or install on a new Mac that syncs the keychain. Functionality of the app is not dependent on the credentials being there.
  • reelfish
    reelfish
    Community Member

For Option 1, what do you mean by "deleted"? Deleted from where exactly? Please clarify. And "attempting to add it"--do you mean sign back into?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@reelfish

For Option 1, what do you mean by "deleted"?

Deleted from our database, by you, by means of a deletion email which contains a special link and instructions to delete the account(s). If you'd like to delete either of those two accounts, we'll need to do that via email. Let me know if that's the case.

And "attempting to add it"--do you mean sign back into?

Yes.

However, it's not strictly necessary to delete the account(s) from our database; leaving them in Frozen status works just as well; neither we nor anyone else can access them.

This discussion has been closed.