I have a question, thank you

thanhtrung
thanhtrung
Community Member

I received a warning that a password that I have used for several accounts has been found on the dark web. Is there a way to search 1Password to find the accounts that this particular password is used on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @thanhtrung! Indeed, with 1Password, you can check your passwords against the haveibeenpwned Pwned Passwords database for passwords compromised in data breaches, which sounds like exactly what you're looking for here. :)

You'll need a 1Password account, and/or 1Password 7 on a Mac or PC; follow my instructions below for the platform you have available!

1Password.com account

Our blog post here covers the ins and outs of checking for vulnerable passwords with Watchtower 2.0 on the web!

1Password 7 for Mac/Windows

Follow our instructions here and use the Vulnerable Passwords section of Watchtower 2.0 in 1Password 7 to check for your sites with pwned (compromised) passwords!

Let me know if you need any more help with this (or in upgrading to a 1Password account or 1Password 7 on your computer!), and I'd be more than happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.