Thanks to Hunt's HIBP, 1Password Watchtower and Agilebits.

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Lounge

There has been a massive breach in Singapore with 1.5 million patient records accessed from one of Singapore's healthcare providers. I did get a warning from Watchtower 2.0 that, for me, my SAML password for Government logins was compromised before it was printed in the newspapers about the 1.5 million records.

https://channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singhealth-health-system-hit-serious-cyberattack-pm-lee-target-10548318

"The personal data taken from the 1.5 million patients include their names, NRIC numbers, address, gender, race and date of birth, the release said, adding that the hackers did not amend or delete the records.

Patients’ medical records, including past diagnosis, doctors’ notes and health scans, were not affected."

I thought I only changed it recently, I changed my password again anyway, to be safe.

No email addresses were mentioned.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Wow. I actually wasn't aware of that. I try to keep up on this kind of news, but while I apparently missed that somehow I'm glad that we've got great folks here who are on top of it so you could be notified. I'm sorry that you're affected by this, but it's good to know that 1Password was able to tell you quickly so you could take action. Thank you for the kind words as well. I'll pass that on to the rest of the team. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

Mozilla is joining Troy Hunt's HIBP too now. It is a new, as yet unreleased feature called Mozilla Monitor. Someday I would love to see Watchtower 2.0 implemented in mobile. 4" devices would make things difficult though.

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2018/06/25/testing-firefox-monitor-a-new-security-tool/

I am in Chrome more these days, however.

It's the lesser used logins that are more of a concern. I use the previously mentioned login infrequently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yeah, glad to see Mozilla doing something in this area. I think Watchtower 2.0 is going to be tricky on mobile, but it's something we really want too. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for sharing. It's unfortunate that a lot of this is out of our hands as individuals. :(

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

Watchtower 2.0 is amazing. The other day I showed my mom this and she was shocked. She uses 1Password, but still reuses passwords!!!!! Showing her this and weak passwords, she now wants to sit down with me and learn more.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@prime: That's awesome! Thank you for sharing that! We've all been there and know how difficult it is to even get a clear picture of things to know where to begin cleaning it all up. I wish we'd had this years ago, but it's really gratifying to hear that it's helping you and your loved ones take control of their online security — even if some of us had to do it the hard way in the past; glad there's a better way now. :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Yes, Watchtower 2.0 is amazing but I wish it were iOS friendly!! Maybe one day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's definitely on our wish list as well. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Further investigations are ongoing and the servers weren't patched for 14 months! There was dereliction of duty between the staff involved.

• That’d do it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.