1Password no longer working in my Safari Browser on OSX

steoremus
steoremus
Community Member

Hi.
1Password no longer Auto-fills, and when I click the icon in my browser window, nothing happens.
Ever since the latest software upgrades on both Mac and 1Password it has become unusable.

I am fully upgraded on ALL fronts-- Latest Mac OS, latest 1Password, latest 1Password extension (see info below).

So far all the troubleshooting has been unproductive.

Help!

Thanks
S

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• yourdigitaldave
    yourdigitaldave
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue. 1PW works fine, 1PW mini works fine, but the browser extension doesn't. When I click on it, it sort of 'flashes' the browser window, but with no autofill results.

I've tried restarting the iMac numerous times and re-installing the extension, but to no avail. This issue started occurring after the upgrade to 1PW 7 (which is fabulous, btw).

Hope we can get this figured out. Thanks!

• Dave
  • Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @yourdigitaldave and @steoremus and thanks for the post! Since the issue started after your upgrade to 1Password 7, this most likely means you're running into an issue caused by one of our new security features: 1Password 7 brings new code verification checks to that only allow the browser extension to fill if both 1Password 7 and your browser are located in the system-wide /Applications folder—not your user Applications folder, any subfolder, etc.

Moving 1Password and your browser into the Applications folder should fix this right up, but in case it doesn't, I'll be right here to help more!

• steoremus
    steoremus
    Community Member

Worked for me! It hadn't right away but I restarted after moving 1Password to the main Applications folder (Safari was already in there) and VOILA! Thanks for the help,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @steoremus! Glad to hear that worked for you - let us know if you run into any further difficulties. :)

• yourdigitaldave
    yourdigitaldave
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, Henry. I had just assumed 1PW7 ended up in my main Applications folder, but there it was, hiding in my user folder...

The extension works as it should now. Much appreciated!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@yourdigitaldave - on behalf of henry, you're quite welcome! Glad his advice got things working for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.