Member needs icon on 3 Apple devices.

franinmaryland
franinmaryland
Community Member

We have a family 1Password membership. How do I get icons on my 3 devices -- iMac, iPhone, iPad? Hours of fruitless effort. No answer from 1Password's "contact us" source. All 3 devices used to have the icon that one could click to be taken to a page to enter the master password. Then, iPad started demanding info to enroll in 1Password7 which i don't want. Simply want the membership as it was before -- icon on each device to take me to the page to put in master password. Explain simply --we're both over age 70.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:We have a family 1Password membership.How do I get icons on my 3 devices? Hours of fruitless effort.

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @franinmaryland and I'm so sorry for the trouble! If you indeed have a (subscription) 1Password.com Family account, then you can sign into it with the 1Password.com option below "Already using 1Password?". Once you sign in, you'll be back to using 1Password as you're used to!

To sign in, first pull up your magic Setup Code on your Mac like so. Then, tap the Scan Account Details button on your iPad, scan the magic code on your Mac's screen with your iPad camera, type in your Master Password, and with a tap of Sign In you'll be all good to go. If that's a little confusing, our guide right here can help more!

If you need more help along the way, let me know here or with a reply to my email. I'm always happy to help :)

ref: JRC-84283-567

• franinmaryland
    franinmaryland
    Community Member

Henry --- ok, i am sitting here reading your very kind note on my iMac. My iPad is sitting here next to me. You advised me first to pull up "your magic Setup Code on your Mac like so..." I do not have a 1Password icon on my iPad nor on my iMac to click in order to arrive at the page you want me to go to. When I clicked on the link "like so" (in your email above) it took me to a page that helps find a Secret Code. I already know the Secret Code. But on that page, I see nothing at all with the words "Scan Account Details." So, i'm wondering exactly what my starting place is -- should I work on the iPhone where I actually have a 1Password icon?

• franinmaryland
    franinmaryland
    Community Member

Just to clarify, when I hit "like so" in your message, a page comes up with these 4 steps:
    Open and unlock 1Password.
    Choose 1Password > Preferences.
    Click the Accounts icon, then select your account.
    Click your Secret Key to copy it. Or click “Set up other devices” to see your Setup Code._
    How do I open and unlock 1Password if I have no icon to click on to get into 1Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@franinmaryland - If you have installed 1Password onto your Mac, you'll find the icon in your Applications folder. On your iPad, you can look through the existing icons to see if you have it there. If not, open the App Store on your iPad (and other iOS devices) and download 1Password 7 for iOS from there. Then try Henry's steps again. :)

• franinmaryland
    franinmaryland
    Community Member

Thanks to all who helped. We are back in business!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@franinmaryland - excellent! Glad to hear we were able to help. On behalf of both Henry and myself, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.