To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrate from PC to Mac

Options
sewpersteve04
sewpersteve04
Community Member

I have 1PW on a Windows laptop, and want to add this to my new Mac. I copied over my Secret Key and account info but it said the info was invalid. I emailed with support about it several times and it seemed like I was directed to take the same steps I already had, but though I've entered my account info carefully multiple times it says the info is invalid. I tried both manually copying everything over, as well as taking a snap of the QR code to automatically copy the data over. No dice. Any ideas? Is this a windows to Mac issue?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10, Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sewpersteve04
    sewpersteve04
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

Similar to rebs43, I have 1PW on a Windows laptop, and want to add this to my new Mac. I've emailed with support about it several times, but though Ive entered my account info carefully multiple times it says the info is invalid. Any ideas? Is this a windows to Mac issue?

[This comment was merged here from: adding another mac.]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sewpersteve04: No. With 1Password.com memberships, you'll use the same account — and account credentials — regardless of the device. And no matter what, we do not have access to your data or the account credentials, so you will need to have those and enter them correctly for it to work. Do you have your Emergency Kit? You can also find your account credentials in the app or browser you've already authorized:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ref: FED-62146-949

This discussion has been closed.