List of Supported Applications

eodabas
eodabas
Community Member

Hello,

With new application support of 1Password 7, the mini window tries to bring the best entry related to the focused application. I know it tries to get my apple account if I use the global shortcut when "App Store" is active. Is there a list of other supported applications?

And can I extend the list manually, like with iTerm or terminal application to bring my terminal related password entries for example?

Best.

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @eodabas,

Currently the list of Application to domain mappings is curated, but we're looking to improve that in the future. If you want to look at the current listing you can view it by Showing Package Contents on the 1Password 7.app and navigating to Contents/Frameworks/OnePasswordCommon.framework/Versions/A/Resources/bundleid_to_url.json

we could certainly consider enhancing it to show a certain kind of entry (i.e. ssh://) if a known Terminal application is in the foreground when invoked. Most of the logic there is currently more geared towards displaying https:// urls from related domains, i.e. Skype would pick up things like live.com/microsoft.com/skype.com in the website field.

• eodabas
    eodabas
    Community Member

@rudy

Well, here is what I did after your response. I was using sudolikeaboss before, so I already got sudolikeaboss://local entries on my ssh logins. So I ran followings to get bundle ids of iTerm.app and Terminal.app:

~ ❯❯❯ mdls -name kMDItemCFBundleIdentifier -r /Applications/iTerm.app
    com.googlecode.iterm2%
    ~ ❯❯❯ mdls -name kMDItemCFBundleIdentifier -r /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
    com.apple.Terminal%

And opened bundleid_to_url.json and added the following entries, and restarted 1password completely:

"com.googlecode.iterm2":"local",
      "com.apple.Terminal":"local",

And voila, now I got the exact results that I want to get:

Thanks for the tip, I'll use this until you enhance it to show a certain kind of entry 8-)

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eodabas, I am happy to hear that you found a solution :smile:. Please let us know if you have any remaining questions or concerns.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, a lot has changed since July.

This discussion has been closed.