Trying to Install 1Password7. Stalled at getting old data file on DropBox.

cbgjr
cbgjr
Community Member

1Password6 on Mac synced with DropBox but hard drive crashed. 1Password on iPhone6 syncs successfully with DropBox. However, no opvault files on DropBox, only agilebits.

How do I transition so my iOS and Mac versions are all synching with agilebits or opvault files on DropBox?

1Password Version: Mac v.7 iOS current [6.4?]
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.5 iOS 11.4.1
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Can't locate .opvault files on DropBox

Comments

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

Hi @cbgjr, we have a few support articles that may help: How to switch to the OPVault format from Agile Keychain and Dropbox Troubleshooting.

Please let us know if you require further assistance. :smile:

• cbgjr
    cbgjr
    Community Member

JadC,

Gave up on DropBox. Synced iOS to iCloud. Synched iPassword7 to iCloud, La voila !

Hit the next hurdle. 1Password went for my registration in my Downloads folder. Nothing looks like the registration, particularly in March when I bought 1Password. My VISA account shows the purchase as 03/29/2017 AGILEBITS INC. xxxxxx1397 CD Online Services -64.99.

How can I get my registration information?

Thanks

Charles B. Gresham

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@cbgjr - the issue here is that 1Password 7 for Mac is a new purchase for everyone unless you bought version 6 on or after March 27 of this year. Since your purchase was a year earlier than that, you'll need to click the Read Only button that's going to be present in all of your items (top right of the window) and buy a new standalone license. Currently, they're on sale at the launch-special price of $49.99; regular price will be $64.99. I don't know when we'll exit the launch special pricing.

However, since you need to make a new purchase now and you've been having issues with sync, now might be a great time to consider a 1password.com membership. With a membership, all four of our native 1Password apps (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android) are included at no extra charge, including all future upgrades for as long as you maintain the membership. And that's just one of the benefits -- another big one is that WE act as your data host and sync provider, instead of Dropbox or iCloud, meaning: no more mucking around with setting up, maintaining and (potentially) troubleshooting advanced, 3rd party sync. Just sign into your 1password.com account on every device where you want to have your 1Password data, and voila! Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.