1password mini not filing passwords, identities or credit cards

Annamarie Pluhar
Annamarie Pluhar
Community Member

Hi, I have a client with 1Password. The mini-1password app does not work. ??? In other words if she clicks on an identity or a credit card it doesn't automatically fill in the page she is on. I've used 1password for years and have never seen this behavior. Any ideas about what might be preventing auto filling?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini not filing passwords, identities or credit cards

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Annamarie Pluhar - not without some additional information, I'm afraid not. What browser is your client using (and what version)? What version of 1Password for Mac, and of macOS itself? What version of 1Password's browser extension? It will be best if you can have your client get in touch with us directly, rather than doing a three-legged relay between her and us.

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member

Ah, sigh. Yes I should have given you all that info. So I teach computer use. This client has a Mac, Sierra. This is 1password for the Mac. She's now away for a month so I can't dig into which version but it is the most recent. Client is barely computer literate despite being eminent in her field. For example, she didn't know cut, copy and paste keystrokes - so I really can't ask her to deal with you directly. (Really!)

So I wrote my original query in haste and am following up. Is there a possibility that because I was using Zoom and remotely using her computer that was the problem? But I've seen this before with other clients - that 1password doesn't always do the auto-complete. It would be great to understand the conditions when it doesn't so that I can manage it. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Annamarie Pluhar: Well, we have experience helping a wide range of 1Password users, so it's quite alright: we can help. :)

It's possible that some glitches could result when using it remotely, but it's probably more likely that something is just out of date or needs to be restarted. If you'll let us know the specifics — OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions — that will go a long way toward us being able to suggest something to try. Thanks in advance!

• Annamarie Pluhar
    Annamarie Pluhar
    Community Member

Okay, this will have to wait until mid-August. And I will have a non-remote session with her so I can try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We'll be here! :)

This discussion has been closed.