1password and X/Browser addon mini

Oxidant
Oxidant
Community Member

Hello, according to official recommendation 1password X should replace installing a standalone 1password mini for Chrome but when I run command+\ it shows ( just like it should, that's ok) a popup where it says "Install a browser add-on". At the same time X works fine for me but the message in the inteface still require installing the extension. Please advise, should I install both 1password X and browser addon or should I ignore the message?

1Password Version: 7.1.1
Extension Version: 1.8.2
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password membership

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Oxidant - sorry for the confusion. There is no such thing as a "standalone 1Password mini." In 1Password for Mac, there is the main app, the mini (which is in the menubar of your Mac), and then there are whatever browser extensions you install, which is what allows the mini to fill your logins and passwords into the browser. 1Password X does indeed replace all of this if you have a 1password.com account...but if you're getting prompts to install the extension into 1Password, it sounds as if you have 1Password for Mac installed. Correct? If so, and if you want to run 1Password X only, you'll want to remove 1Password for Mac and any traditional 1Password extensions from your browser(s). Make sure no 1Password processes are running, then drag 1Password for Mac to the trash. After emptying the trash, you should be able to use 1Password X exclusively without prompts to install other extensions. Let us know how that goes for you.

• Oxidant
    Oxidant
    Community Member

Hm, got it but I use 1password for only web but some other stuff like ssh, licenses, etc so having only 1password X as an extension for Chrome isn't very good for me due to I've to open chrome each time to get a document from it. Please advise.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Oxidant: As Lars mentioned, you can use the desktop extension with 1Password for Mac:

https://1password.com/browsers/

That gives you almost all of the power of the desktop app, but accessible in the browser. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.