Missing banking data after upgrade to 1Password 7 from dropbox syncing version possibly 1Password 6

FraserHannah
FraserHannah
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

I had to upgrade today as I needed 1Password to work with Opera. Did the upgrade to 1Password 7 - Not sure what version I was using but I had several vaults, one was very important as it contained banking details. After the update I only have one vault and can't find the one with the banking details. To say this is a nightmare is an understatement.

I have tried restoring the vault from an earlier dropbox file, but now have two of everything - (is there a quick way to sort this).

Where have the missing vaults gone and how do I get them back. It should not be this complex, and makes me think twice about continuing to use 1Password!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• FraserHannah
    FraserHannah
    Community Member

This is freaking me out, the data was there yesterday - I have retrieved backups from an earlier date and the data is missing. I urgently need access to my accounts, everything was in there including the complex phone and internet passwords. How can 1Password just loose my data like this, its meant to be safe.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @FraserHannah! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now, but don't panic: your data isn't lost or gone. However, to get a better idea of what might be going on specifically, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#WQA-15612-451]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @FraserHannah only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: WQA-15612-451

• FraserHannah
    FraserHannah
    Community Member

Hi Lars, I already saw that you needed the diagnostic report so added it to a ticket I created earlier - this is the ID from the ticket - [#JPG-37325-673]. Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@FraserHannah - yep! Replied to you there. Thanks! :)

• FraserHannah
    FraserHannah
    Community Member

Thank you :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.