i don't have macOS Sierra or higher. how can i make it work with 10.9.5?

wflindt
wflindt
Community Member

I use 1password on my computer. My husband has an older computer running OS 10.9.5 and he refuses to update it because he is afraid it will mess up the way he has things set up. I pruchased 1password for the entire family. My daughter and I use it

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what if you don't have macOS Sierra or higher? how can i make it work with 10.9.5?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @wflindt! Unfortunately, the short answer here is: you can't. 1password.com accounts require 1Password version 6.6 or later, and version 6.0 requires OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite"). If your husband is still on Mavericks (10.9.x), he's not going to be able to join you. I understand users not wanting to upgrade out of fear of "having things messed up," but from a security standpoint, we can't do anything except recommend you use the latest versions of not just your security software (and that includes all browsers), but also the underlying OS itself. And on a personal note, I will warn you that what you just experienced here: no possibility to run modern software (or in some cases, run any version of it at all) is going to get more and more frequent the longer your husband waits. Good luck!

• writetrev
    writetrev
    Community Member

I have the same problem with a 2007 iMac. However, my Chromebook can use 1Password without downloading an app. Is there any way to leverage this for Chrome on the Mac?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@writetrev - good question! I'm honestly not sure what the limits of Chrome are -- how far back modern versions are supported, on older OSes. If you're using a 1password.com account and you can install the current version of Chrome onto your 2007 iMac, then I'd say 1Password X will likely work for you. You wouldn't be able to install a version of 1Password for Mac that's current enough to access your account, but 1Password X would work. You'll need to be able to run Chrome with a core version of at least 60.

This discussion has been closed.