local sync'd opvault not opening on Android after upgrading Mac to v7

cmroanirgo
cmroanirgo
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Android

I recently upgraded my Mac to use v7 which then prompted me to upgrade my local sync from agilekeychain to opvault, which I did. It is working well.
Reading the notes on Android, it said that I needed to uninstall/reinstall 1Password in order to use the new opvault, which I did, using the play store to ensure I upgraded.

After syncing using my own mechanisms (via my own NextCloud, which is what I've been doing for years), I try to select the new opvault in the Android app, but I get the following message:

Vault Not Found

A 1Password vault wasn't found in this folder, Please check that you have the correct location

I can still select and open my old agilekeychain vault...but the opvault just 'opens' like it were a folder, and I see the subfolder 'default' in it...
I've checked manually and all the files in the 'local folder' on my Mac are the same as the ones synced onto my android.

Ideas? Suggestions?

PS: I have contacted support with this more than 24hrs ago with no response...

1Password Version: Mac v7.0.7 Android v?
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13 Android 7
Sync Type: Local Folder -> NextCloud

Comments

• tpassword
    tpassword
    Community Member

I have the exactly same issue. I also cannot open the legacy backup 1password 7 created :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@tpassword: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're trying to use local folder sync in 1Password for Android version 6. That does not support OPVault, but if you use version 7, which is currently in beta, that will work. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2018

@cmroanirgo: I'm sorry for the confusion. You've sent us 5 messages in at least two different places within the last 23 hours. We try to reply to everyone's messages in the order in which they are received, but when you do that, you're just pushing yourself back to the newest section of the inbox again. Please try my suggestion above and let me know if you have any questions.

ref: WIH-58769-333

• cmroanirgo
    cmroanirgo
    Community Member

Hmmm. I'm not sure you realise how passive aggressive your comment is @brenty, by making it sound I had been inundating you lot with support emails. To be clear:

1. I raised a support question and the automated email response had the following text: "If this is urgent, please forward this message to support+urgent@1password.com"
    2. I forwarded the automated message as instructed
    3. While waiting for a response I added more supporting information (on what I had tried to make it work) and sent it on to support+urgent@1password.com
    4. One day later, no response, I raised a new fault stating 'What's up'? and also opened this forum post, because to me the problem is urgent.

I find it highly ironic that you responded to a thread hijacking comment before addressing me at all.

To all of this I reply:

1. Fix your support triage to be first-in-best-dressed, it's absurd that a customer is moved to the end of the queue because they send more information.
    2. Do you have a download link to the latest v6 for Mac? I will downgrade rather than work with beta software for such a crucial task.

PS: I will not pursue informing you of a fault that I noticed in v7 which caused data loss (ie some passwords disappeared!!!) using opvault.

• cmroanirgo
    cmroanirgo
    Community Member

Never mind, I'll use your comments from this thread to downgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cmroanirgo: Thanks for the update, and the feedback.

This discussion has been closed.