Limit access to 1Password vaults?

rlf
rlf
Community Member
edited July 2018 in Mac

I'm using 1Password7 on all my MacOS and iOS devices and so far, I've been pretty happy. I've noticed you have a "vault" feature which I've read about but I'm not exactly sure if it will do exactly what I want. It's clear that I can share passwords in these vaults with other 1Password users. But what I want to do sounds a little different. I'd like to be able to do is create a "vault" of sorts inside the 1Password app itself where I can store a subset of passwords. To access this second internal vault, someone would need a second password (not my master password) in order to view the passwords inside that internal vault. Is this possible with 1P7? If not, is it a feature your team plans to add in the near future? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password
Referrer: forum-search:Limit access to 1password vault

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@rlf

It's clear that I can share passwords in these vaults with other 1Password users.

Not quite. It depends a bit on what you mean by "share." If you mean: have other 1Password users also be able to view and edit the contents of a particular vault, that option is available only in multi-user 1password.com accounts (1Password Families, 1Password Teams, 1Password Business).

Is this possible with 1P7?

Not like what you're envisioning, no.

...is it a feature your team plans to add in the near future?

I would highly doubt it. Sharing in standalone 1Password has only ever been possible via the use of Dropbox folder sharing, something that's always had its limitations due to the nature of what we're able to accomplish with the Dropbox API. We'd have to either start there and try to add to the limited options available, or try from scratch with a different sync provider. Never say never, but that's just not the direction we're going in, since we've already implemented much more robust and flexible sharing in 1password.com accounts. You can get an idea of what's possible in 1Password Families in terms of sharing in this support article, and the options are even more unlimited in 1Password Teams and 1Password Business. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.