Mac Save Password (Any Browser). Window too big at 4300px wide and crops off the edge of monitor.

jeffmilton
jeffmilton
Community Member

This happened after I updated to 1Password 7. I've tried uninstalling browser extensions. That doesnt work. It happens in all browsers. I can drag the window over, but its at least two monitors wide ... it also crops on whatever monitor its displayed in. It does not extend to the next monitor. It's not resizable either. Help?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.0.7 (70007000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:mac save password

Comments

• jeffmilton
    jeffmilton
    Community Member

Is there a preference file I can delete that will fix this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jeffmilton! I'm sorry for the trouble you're experiencing just now -- but I have to confess, that's a new one on me. Can you perhaps include a screenshot (redacted if necessary; don't show any personal information in this public forum) of what you're seeing? My first bit of advice would be to try restarting your Mac, but I'd imagine you've already done that?

• jeffmilton
    jeffmilton
    Community Member
    edited July 2018

I did this and it fixed it:

I quit 1password then went into terminal:

cd ~/Library/Preferences/
    rm -Rf *agile*

• Thanks for the update @jeffmilton. I’m glad to hear you were able to get it sorted out. I’m honestly a little surprised that did it, but a bit relieved to be honest as when discussing this issue with Lars I wasn’t entirely sure what to suggest. I hope you don’t mind but I did edit your post just slightly so that your commands show up properly — the formatting engine used by the forum was turning *agile* into agile.

I would encourage anyone else experiencing this issue to contact us before running these commands as there is potential to do more harm than good here.

Thanks!

Ben

• jeffmilton
    jeffmilton
    Community Member

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the visual. Weird. :)

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member

I have a similar problem when I call up 1Password to fetch a password using the browser extension. The pop-up window is very wide. Sometimes it can be resized, but the new size doesn't stick. The wide window keeps coming back.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @jonilujon

Thanks for letting us know. We'd like to get to the bottom of this issue. Could you please open the Terminal app (in /Applications/Utilities or search Spotlight for it) and copy & paste the following command:

defaults read com.agilebits.onepassword7 | grep -i Autosave

Hit return to run the command and please let us know here what it outputs.

In addition I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/451751/#Comment_451751
    • Your forum username: jonilujon

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Thanks.

Ben

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member

There's no autosave in there.

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member

I have two monitors, if that makes a difference. It's a MacBook Pro with an external monitor added.

Do you want the window positions from the defaults command?

• @jonilujon

Sure, if you want to include those with your diagnostic report it wouldn't hurt. :) Thanks.

Ben

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member
    "MASPreferences B5Business Frame (en_US)" = "{{0, 0}, {670, 251}}";
    "MASPreferences Frame Top Left" = "{2075, 847}";
    "MASPreferences Security Frame (en_US)" = "{{0, 0}, {650, 212}}";
    "MASPreferences Selected Identifier View" = B5Business;
    "NSSplitView Subview Frames contentSplitView" =     (
        "0.000000, 0.000000, 224.000000, 513.000000, NO, NO",
        "225.000000, 0.000000, 475.000000, 513.000000, NO, NO"
    );
    "NSSplitView Subview Frames sidebarSplitView" =     (
        "0.000000, 0.000000, 200.000000, 513.000000, NO, NO",
        "200.000000, 0.000000, 700.000000, 513.000000, NO, NO"
    );
    "NSWindow Frame MainWindow" = "2386 294 900 513 1440 -43 1920 1057 ";
    OPAppLaunchedFromLauncher = 0;
    "OPMiniWindow.position.1007422979" = "{{2144, 209}, {1202, 551}}";
    "OPMiniWindow.position.69731904" = "{{455, 248}, {827, 524}}";

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! Let us know the Support ID you receive when you've sent the diagnostics via email. :)

• jonilujon
    jonilujon
    Community Member

Very sorry. Somehow I only saw the first few lines of Ben's post asking me to grep for autosave. I'll send the diagnostics report shortly.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No worries. We're here any time. :)

This discussion has been closed.