Cannot enter new items after updating to version 7 on iMac!

denisobrien26
denisobrien26
Community Member

Cannot enter new items after updating to version 7 on iMac! I need to enter new logins on my phone and then watch for them to appear on my computer!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS High sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot enter new items after updating to version 7 on iMac!

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @denisobrien26! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with entering data into 1Password 7 for Mac. I'm a little confused. Are you trying to add these new items into 1Password 7 for Mac on your iMac, and being prevented from doing that? Or are you entering them on your phone and just not seeing them appear on your Mac?

• denisobrien26
    denisobrien26
    Community Member

I am prevented from or, don't see where to go to add a new item on my iMac so, enter info into my iPhone and then see it appear on my iMac!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@denisobrien26 - thanks for the clarification. Can you tell me: looking at 1Password 7 for Mac (unlocked), do you see a large "Read Only" badge in the top-right of any of your items (should be visible in all of them? If so, that's because 1Password 7 has not been paid for. You can click the badge I mentioned, and you should see a pop-up of purchase options. A new standalone license is $49.99 at our launch special prices (regular price: $64.99), or you can go with a 1password.com membership, which is the best way to use 1Password currently; that option is $2.99/mo if paid annually ($35.88/yr.). Hope that helps! :)

• denisobrien26
    denisobrien26
    Community Member

I see no badge to which you refer however, it does mention that my account is frozen! I purchased the app a couple of years ago (on advice of my daughter) and it worked great but then it stopped and I learned about the frozen account. My daughter doesn't pay a monthly service, nor do I wish to. So, if it is your business practice to have users switch over to paid accounts, please let me know. I would like to just use the app I paid for. Is it possible to use a different version of the app so I can enter and sync info between my two devices?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@denisobrien26 - So, unless you purchased 1Password since March 27 of this year, the app you paid for is almost certainly version 6, or possibly even earlier. You've downloaded 1Password 7 for Mac, which requires a separate purchase. There are currently two ways to use 1Password 7:

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

If you'd like to return to the (now-retired) version 6, you have a license for, you can uninstall the current version by making sure you've fully quit it, then dragging it to your Mac's trash. Once that's done, re-install the older version and you should pick up right where you left off. :) A note, if you're planning to do that: we can't recommend that as a long-term solution unless you're planning to not update your hardware, version of macOS or browser, either. 1Password 6 for Mac is still pretty current, as it's only been a few months since it's been in "legacy" status, but sticking with outdated software is not a good long-term strategy.

• denisobrien26
    denisobrien26
    Community Member

Thanks for the advice. If I go the paid account route, will I get support for the browser extension? I've never been able to have 1Password automatically sign me in to various websites (as my daughter has shown me on her app). Can you send me a link for version 6 if I decide to go that route?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@denisobrien26 - you can get 1Password 6 for Mac from our downloads page (scroll down to the bottom, under the "Using an older OS?" section, and you'll see a link to the final version - 6.8.9). If you do go with a 1password.com membership, yes -- it includes all of our native apps, as well as all future upgrades, extensions and a whole lot more. If you're still having trouble filling data into web fields after that, let us know because that indicates a misconfiguration.

• gcicconebiz
    gcicconebiz
    Community Member

I need a consultation and a recommendation on what I need.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @gcicconebiz! I can't really give you any sort of specialized recommendation from just your post, because I'm not certain what your situation is. If you'd like to elaborate on that, I may be better able to give some more-specific suggestions. In general, I'd recommend a 1password.com membership as the best way to use 1Password for most users. Hope that's helpful! :)

This discussion has been closed.