400 response signing in

rossabaker
rossabaker
Community Member

I'm getting a 400 error using the CLI, version 0.5.1. It looks a lot like this old thread

op signin <subdomain>.1password.com <email> <secret-key>
Enter the password for user <user> at <subdomain>.1password.com: 
[LOG] 2018/07/25 23:36:12 (ERROR) 400: Invalid request parameters.

I thought it might be another escaping issue, but I get the same 400 response stripping my password down to alphanumerics.

I'm thrilled to see a CLI for Linux. Thanks for any help!

1Password Version: op-0.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux-4.17.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@rossabaker I'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing here. Are you on Windows, and/or does your master password contain any spacial characters?

• rossabaker
    rossabaker
    Community Member

I am on Linux. My master password does contain special characters, all in the ASCII range. I get the 400 with my correct password, and also trying an incorrect password with only alphanumerics. I have not tried changing my actual password to one without special characters. I tested this on 0.4.1 and 0.5.1.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@rossabaker Are you willing to try changing your master password temporarily to alphanumeric and attempt signing in again, just to determine if the issue is indeed the special characters?

• rossabaker
    rossabaker
    Community Member

I temporarily changed my password to all alphabetic characters, no spaces. Same 400 error using that password.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

Could you please reproduce this issue one more time, then immediately send me an email ( connor at agilebits.com) using the email associated with your account so that I can look at our server logs to see if anything strange is going on? If you can send the email within a minute or so of reproducing the issue, it'll help me find the right time period in the logs :)

• vdemeester
    vdemeester
    Community Member

Hey @cohix,
    I'm hitting the same error, my password has some space in there, might be a source of problem :chuffed:

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@vdemeester would you be able to follow the steps I outlined in my last comment? It would be very helpful if I could get some logging surrounding this issue.

This discussion has been closed.