Is there a more convenient way to unlock 1Password on iMac other than typing my vault password?

Roadblocked
Roadblocked
Community Member

Such as maybe using Apple Watch or iPhone in a way similar to unlocking my Mac from login?

I love 1Password on iPhone and on TouchID enabled MacBooks, however, I use a super long vault password and I would like an easier way to access my vault over long working hours other than typing in my password.

Any tips?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @sylath,

I'm not sure I'd agree that your MP is never visible using this method as you use pbcopy to put it on the pasteboard. That most definitely is in the clear and if you use a pasteboard manager app, that password will also be captured there.

@roadblocked,

Unfortunately, Apple hasn't shipped any non-MacBook Pro Macs with Touch ID sensors, though they have shipped them with Secure Enclave Processors (i.e. the iMac Pro). So it may be possible in the future for Touch ID or Face ID to be possible in those environments. Currently though you'll probably need to balance your MP's length/complexity with the security settings for auto lock on the security tab.

• Roadblocked
    Roadblocked
    Community Member

thanks for the replies guys

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you are most welcome! We're here if you have any other questions. Have a great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.