Joint use of one vault

Options
Dave Creek
Dave Creek
Community Member

I have because of a mistake two copies of 1Password 7 standalone, one purchased directly from Agile Bits, the other purchased through the Mac App Store. I have one on my wife's Mac the other on my Mac. I have one vault and it is on my Dropbox.

Questions: How can we both access this vault, with each of us having the capability of making new entries and modifications? How do we set up our iPads and iPhones to use that vault?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave Creek:

I have because of a mistake two copies of 1Password 7 standalone, one purchased directly from Agile Bits, the other purchased through the Mac App Store.

The App Store version of 1Password works only with a 1Password.com subscription, I'm afraid, so if you both want to use Dropbox you'll have to obtain a refund from the App Store and then download the version from the AgileBits store. Further, because AgileBits discontinued family licences around the same time as it introduced its subscription model :( you'll have to pay for another licence.

You may well find someone from AgileBits will come along soon and try to persuade you that the better solution for you is a family subscription to 1Password.com. That said, financial considerations aside, you can do what you want with the standalone version.

Stephen

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks much, Stephen ,for the fast and useful answer. I now know what I have to do.

Dave

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dave Creek: Glad that Stephen_C was able to help. If you have any other questions, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.