An indication to understand if there is any saved login for the website

Options

Hello,

In previous versions (As I remember) Chrome extension button used to show the number of matched login items for any website. After a long time I decided to switch to 1Password, but now there is no any indicator to understand that without open the app. Is there anything that I miss?

Best Regards,
Koray

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: When you open 1Password in your browser, it will show you logins matching the current URL. Does that help? What browser and 1Password extension versions are you using?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Yes, if I open it, it shows, but I want to see them before opening the app as in 1Password X. Isn't it possible?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: I'm sorry, but I don't understand. How can 1Password show you anything unless it is open?

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty A number would be nice as on other Chrome extension buttons. As I remember it used to do that before v7.

And, isn't it possible to show 1password icon on login forms, because (IMHO) user experience and the autologin form is much better on 1Password X. Isn't possible to mix the 1Password X with the desktop app?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A number would be nice as on other Chrome extension buttons. As I remember it used to do that before v7.

@koraykupe: Ohhhhh okay. Thanks for the illustration. I get what you mean now. :) I don't recall 1Password ever did anything like that in the browser (though there was an error indicator we used to have long ago) but it's something we can consider.

I guess the question is, why do you want that? How would it help you so see the number of logins for the current site reflected in the icon? I'm not sure it's feasible for 1Password to do though, since it would constantly need to decrypt data for each page to determine what you have.

And, isn't it possible to show 1password icon on login forms, because (IMHO) user experience and the autologin form is much better on 1Password X. Isn't possible to mix the 1Password X with the desktop app?

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying 1Password X. It's designed as a completely self-contained extension since folks on Chrome OS, Linux, and restrictive company machines can install a native app, but perhaps we can enable some crossover between them in the future. :)

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Why I need that is to be sure I have saved logins for the current website. Otherwise, I have to click the button or shortcut buttons every time and if there is no any saved login, it is an unnecessary click. You know that minimising user clicks is important for user experience. Of course, you should consider performance and security first, but you can make it optional at least.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: Like I said, I'm not certain it's feasible currently (especially when it's 1Password X, running entirely in the browser), but perhaps it's something we can do in the future. In the mean time, have you tried the keyboard shortcut? It saves you two steps: moving the mouse cursor to the button, and clicking it. :)

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, of course, I use the keyboard shortcut, but definitely, it would be nice to see if there is any saved login before pressing/clicking anything.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I cannot predict or promise what may happen in 1Password's future but maybe one day the icon will use a badge in this manner. The thread will remain open to see if others are also interested as one factor to decide what to work on is an estimate of what percentage of our users might benefit.

This discussion has been closed.