Fill in any form with "non-suggested" login

Options
koraykupe
koraykupe
Community Member

Hello,

Looks like there is no any easy way to add any website as the second URL of an item? I have to edit login details and add another website field manually.

May it be possible to make a feature to fill it with non-suggested login credentials? Like as in your Android app. (If there is no match it shows a search box and you can use any website's login details. I think it is only for apps but I am not sure)

Regards.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Looks like there is no any easy way to add any website as the second URL of an item? I have to edit login details and add another website field manually.

@koraykupe: Correct. That way the user explicitly chooses to add multiple URLs, since this circumvents phishing protections preventing the login from being filled on non-matching URLs.

May it be possible to make a feature to fill it with non-suggested login credentials? Like as in your Android app. (If there is no match it shows a search box and you can use any website's login details. I think it is only for apps but I am not sure)

Possible, but not likely we'll do that on the desktop. While I appreciate it may seem the same on the surface, there' are some big differences: on Android, when you're using the accessibility filling option to select a login, this is because 1Password cannot access the website (or app) URL to compare it to what's in 1Password. This is not a mechanism to allow you to fill logins anywhere, bypassing phishing protection, but to allow 1Password to fill at all. Also, the act of selecting a login to fill in an app is identical to saving multiple URLs in a login on the desktop: in both cases, a new URL is saved in the login, which 1Password uses for matching purposes (where possible) going forward.

Anyway, I agree that it's a bit confusing, since there are significant differences between OSes, and also multiple filling options on Android. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the information. @brenty

I imported my logins from LastPass and they use another type of settings for URL matching and I have many logins that are used in 3 different URLs. Now I am adding them manually. This was the problem.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: Ah gotcha. Can you tell me what method you used to import the data into 1Password, and if you're using a 1Password.com account or the standalone app? Maybe there's something we can help with.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I exported the data as described on your help page, on LastPass website. Imported it on the Mac app of 1Password.

I use 1password.com account for sync.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Btw, credit card/bank account data import was very bad. It imported the data with wrong values. I updated them manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: The import guide recommends using the 1Password.com website for that. Is there a reason you didn't try that? I believe that will get your a better result, if you're willing to do it over again.

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Hmm I thought they are same on all platforms but will give a try. Thx!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe: The 1Password.com web interface has specific handling for a number of formats since it can be used on any computer. We're able to make improvements to that more quickly as well. If you still have trouble with that, we'll need to investigate so we can make any necessary changes. Please let me know how it goes!

• koraykupe
    koraykupe
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Just tried but it says "Form Fill importing is not supported. Please use a normal LastPass export file."

The Mac app has this feature, but the website hasn't.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@koraykupe - that's true: if you want to import LastPass Form Fill Profiles, you'll need to do a separate export and use the 1Password for Mac app for that.

This discussion has been closed.