Can't add custom field

Options
rragle
rragle
Community Member

I don't know if I'm crazy or what, but with 1Password 7 when I try to create custom fields for a software license in the first section, I try to follow the directions on this page https://support.1password.com/custom-fields/

but I do not see any ellipsis buttons to create a new field or just showing a new blank entry that is kind of grayed out ready for input. I have older software items that still read with multiple custom fields in the first section though. I've been a 1Password user since V2.5.8 and don't know if this is a migration issue or something. If I take an older record, delete one of the fields in the first section, I can't add back either. Pictures attached!

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:create custom field

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rragle: I'm sorry for the confusion. You've already done what you set out to do:

It just looks slightly different in the new version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• rragle
    rragle
    Community Member
    Options

I don't think you understood my problem. Yes, I can add custom fields but not in the first section, the section I named "Section name can be customized". I also showed a software license created with a previous version of 1Password (MailSteward Pro) that had the capability to add custom fields to the first section. Perhaps this will explain my issue:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rragle: Ah, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, in the past we had a bug that allowed the template to be modified. That's not intended. User-created custom fields are meant to be in the custom field section following the template. Sorry for the confusion that caused.

• rragle
    rragle
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the clarification!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome. I think we'd like to allow for more flexibility in the future. We just need to be sure that all of the apps arena the same page so there aren't any compatibility problems. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.