Upgrading 1Password 7 on my Mac from Version 7.0.4 (70004001) to the latest version

Options
pchatti
pchatti
Community Member

I purchased 1Password 7 directly from the AgileBits store. When I upgrade from version 7.0.4 (70004001) to the latest version (7.0.7), the upgrade process goes smooth but post upgrade, 1Password 7 displays a blank screen. I don't see any items listed in the All Items section or any of the Tags or Categories. I do however see the item count in sidebar.

If I go back to 7.0.4, things work as expected. I tried upgrading to 7.0.5 and 7.0.6 but to no avail; same behavior.

Could you please help?

1Password Version: 7.0.4 (70004001)
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
Sync Type: Local Only

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchatti: That's really weird. I wonder if the new version is just damaged on your machine. Please drag any copies of 1Password to the Trash, restart your Mac, and then install a fresh copy:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

Let me know how it goes!

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: The approach worked! I just had to restart the application after installing the new version, and all the items showed up soon after. Thank you so much for your help in resolving this issue.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchatti - that's excellent news! On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome; glad he was able to assist you. :)

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@brenty / @Lars - The issue is back again for some reason - out of the blue. Three days after installing the latest version. Things have been fine until this AM, but not sure what's triggering this behavior. Looks like a bug in the product? Please help. I've attached a screenshot along for reference.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchatti - that is strange indeed. When this happens, are you looking at the main window of 1Password? Or the mini/extension? What do you have the view selector set to -- is it All Vaults, All Items? Something else? No pattern?

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Lars - Doesn't matter where I look. It's the same behavior. All Vaults/Individual Vaults/Mini/Extension/Main window/All Items/Categories - none of them show any items. However I do see the item counts next to each of the categories (with no items listed). I had to go back to Version 7.0.4 (70004001) to make things work again on my computer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchatti - that's certainly not expected behavior, and I cannot replicate it here. If you've already gone back to version 7.0.4, then there isn't going to be much I can do for you. If you're willing to re-upgrade to the current version, then I'd love to get a diagnostics report from you as soon as it happens next time; it may help us track down what's going wrong. I certainly don't recommend staying on 7.0.4 indefinitely as a solution. Are you willing to give this a try?

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely! Please let me know how to generate the diagnostics report. I want to get past this error as well. Will install the new version again later today and I'm guessing the issue will resurface again after a few days - just like it last time.

• rudy
    Options

@pchatti,

The instructions for sending in a Diagnostics Report are available on https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

• Ben
    Options

Please post your support ID here once you have sent the report. :)

Ben

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - I've just sent out the report. Support ID is [#ZGH-51853-381].

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchatti - thanks! Just replied there. Let's keep the conversation going via email, if you don't mind. :)

• pchatti
    pchatti
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - Absolutlely!

• rudy
    Options

@pchatti,

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.