Can an 1Password account be completely reset so an new password and secret key be set up?

Options
tubajim
tubajim
Community Member

Back in 2016, I set up an account using my email address to try the free trial. At that time, I decided to not use 1Password. Now, I'd like to start using it but cannot get into my account since I don't remember the password or secret code. Is there any way to completely erase my old account so I can re-use my email and set up a new password/secret code? When I try to do set up a new account, it says my email is already in use. I don't have anything to save out there since it was only a trial and I didn't use it much. I'd sure like to start over but cannot seem to be able to. Any help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can an 1Password account be completely reset so an new password and secret key be set up?

Comments

• tubajim
    tubajim
    Community Member
    Options

This is on a Mac, running High Sierra OS. The version of 1Password used originally was the 2016 version and I'm trying to use the current version.

• tubajim
    tubajim
    Community Member
    Options

Back in 2016, I set up an account using my email address to try the free trial. At that time, I decided to not use 1Password. Now, I'd like to start using it but cannot get into my account since I don't remember the password or secret code. Is there any way to completely erase my old account so I can re-use my email and set up a new password/secret code? When I try to do set up a new account, it says my email is already in use. I don't have anything to save out there since it was only a trial and I didn't use it much. I'd sure like to start over but cannot seem to be able to. Any help?

I posted this yesterday and noticed a number of people getting answers to their questions after I asked mine. No one from 1PW has answered mine. Can someone please give me the procedure for getting rid of my old account so I can start over?

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

@tubajim this knowledge base article may help:

How to delete your 1Password account

(I'm merely another user trying to help and discovered that link by a little searching.)

Edit: you'll probably still get the message about your email being in use and will have to reply on AgileBits' support to reset whatever is necessary, It's probably a little unreasonable to expect that to happen at the weekend. :)

Stephen

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

For others reading this thread please note that the poster started a new thread with the same question so it's better to keep replies in that thread.

Stephen

• tubajim
    tubajim
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

I realize it's a little unreasonable to expect anyone to do anything on the weekend. I had noticed others were getting replies and thought I might too. In any case, I found the link you are showing above but you need to sign in to your 1PW account. That's what I cannot do since I don't have the secret word or password any more. That's why I asked in the first place. I'd like to erase the old account and start a new one using my email address, as before. I could then use a new secret word and password to get things going again. I assumed I'd have to contact someone and thought they would answer me here on the forum as to how to proceed since they've answered other people this weekend, I think.

Thank you for trying to help though. I appreciate it!

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tubajim OK, a little more searching has turned up this old AgileBits' post. In the light of that you may wish to email support@1Password.com with your request—which will probably speed up matters because then you can disclose your email address and account details (which you wouldn't want to do on this public forum).

I suggest you mention this thread in your email so that AgileBits can link the two. The URL for this thread is:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94029/re-erasing-an-old-account-and-starting-new

Stephen

• tubajim
    tubajim
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Stephen. I'll do it right now.

• JadC
    JadC
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018
    Options

Glad that Stephen was able to help @tubajim! Our support team should get your situation resolved shortly :smile:.

ref: SUF-99487-868

This discussion has been closed.