New credit-union login requires stored cookies

Lamplighter
Lamplighter
Community Member

Access to our credit union on-line banking now requires Username, Password, and a (new) "Security Access Code". Supposedly, this new code is a preset (saved) cookie which registers the devise. The use of saved "cookies" is contrary to the way I traditionally setup my MacMini, where history, including all cookies, are cleared whenever Firefox is closed.

Is there a way to store this "cookie" in 1P6, so I can continue to clear all history/cookies whenever I quit Firefox ??

1Password Version: v6.8 (680015) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: Firefox 61.0.1 (64-bit)
OS Version: OSX v10.11.6 (15G22010)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Lamplighter if the "Security Access Code" is indeed a cookie you can't store that in 1Password. However, you could do what you want using a third party app (or, maybe, a Firefox extension). I use the Cookie app which is not free but which works very well for me. In effect, it enables you to protect cookies which you don't want deleted and to delete the remainder automatically (for example, when quitting Firefox).

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Lamplighter - @Stephen_C is quite correct that you cannot use 1Password to store an actual cookie for use with a Login item. I can't really offer a formal endorsement one way or the other on behalf of AgileBits regarding his suggestion of Cookie, but it certainly seems like that might be a way to accomplish what you're hoping to do.

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member

OK, thanks for your replies. I'll look into the "Cookie app".

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• Lamplighter
    Lamplighter
    Community Member

If anyone else comes across this problem, there is a compromise using the Firefox extension. I don't know if it works for Safari.

In Firefox, cookies are stored in Preferences under History. By de-selecting the "Cookies" checkbox, all other History can be still cleared without disrupting the 1P6 login (for this credit union's on-line banking).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Lamplighter - thanks for the Firefox/cookie clearing tip.

This discussion has been closed.