1Password7 + Mac + Chrome issues

ivanribakov
ivanribakov
Community Member

After installing 1Password7 + Chrome addon on a clean Mac book, browser add-on doesn't seem to work. When I click on the 1Password Chrome add-on icon, I get the brief flash of the 1Password desktop app that immediately goes to background. Using the keyboard shortcut (Command + \), however, opens the quick search, but the "Open & Fill" functionality doesn't work from it (nothing happens when the said button is pressed).

Things attempted:

• Restart 1Password
  • Reinstall browser add-on
  • Toggle on all checkboxes in Preferences > Browsers
  • Checked for desktop app updates

All similar posts on the forum seem to suggest a variation of the above steps, but unfortunately none have worked for me. Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Chrome 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @ivanribakov

Could you please try restarting your MacBook? If that does not resolve the problem I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/94134/
    • Your forum username: ivanribakov

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• ivanribakov
    ivanribakov
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

restarting the laptop has worked for now. I'll keep you posted if the issue comes back again.

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ivanribakov - sounds good! Glad to hear a restart helped in this instance.

• leva0887
    leva0887
    Community Member

I have the same issue and did all steps from 1st post. Also I did a couple additional things:
    1st I restored my MacOs from backup and issue still persist
    2nd I got new mac with fresh install MacOs and issue still persist

Please assist [#PNA-85848-529]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

Welcome to the forum, @leva0887! Thanks for sending in your diagnostics report; one of us will be with you shortly. :)

ref: PNA-85848-529

This discussion has been closed.