Categories and naming them

Options
nonsibicunctis
nonsibicunctis
Community Member

Can i add categories or change names of existing ones. MacOS 10.13.4 on iMac 2015 16gb

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:can i add categories or change names of existing ones. MacOS 10.13.4 on iMac 2015 16gb

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@nonsibicunctis no, that is not currently possible. As a mere user I've seen it often requested on this forum but obviously have no idea whether AgileBits might ever implement it. I do know AgileBits is keen to maintain, as much as possible, cross-platform compatibility between its various 1Password apps so that might present a challenge in the context we're discussing.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nonsibicunctis - one of our perennial request is custom categories. Currently, that feature is in beta in 1Password Business accounts only. I suspect it will make its way to other tiers of 1password.com accounts, but it's not quite ready for such a thing at this time. Thanks for adding your voice to the request. :)

• nonsibicunctis
    nonsibicunctis
    Community Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

Stephen and Lars, thank you both for taking the trouble to advise me of the situation. At least now I know that it is not just me being too thick to see how to do it. It is also interesting & encouraging to know that others see the facility to be a useful one to have. Thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

Absolutely do, it is one I’d like to see myself. Thank you for the update. :+1:

Ben

• forsyth
    forsyth
    Community Member
    Options

Please ASAP add the ability for a user to add his or her own categories.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @forsyth

Thanks for letting us know your wishes.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.