Can I get my secret key from a corrupt time machine backup?

jonobooth
jonobooth
Community Member

Hello,

I seem to have lost my Emergency kit or (more likely) didn't save it in the first place. I am wondering if there is a way to get my secret key out of a backed up 1Password app from an old time machine backup. My time machine backup seems to be "damaged" and I cannot restore it on my machine. I still have access to all the files tho. Is there any way that I can restore my logged in 1Password application from my old time machine backup so that I can get my secret key out, or at least carry on using the 1Password account that I paid for.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @jonobooth,

If you had iCloud Keychain turned on then you should have an item in your keychain still if you search for "b5credentials". If that exists setting up 1Password should bring forward a window that has your account details (minus your master password) pre-populated.

If that isn't available then…

you could attempt to restore ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits

which should have a Library/Application Support/1Password/Data/B5.sqlite file inside of it you'll basically need that entire Data directory for things to work.

• jonobooth
    jonobooth
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks @rudy, that's exactly what I was looking for :)

• jonobooth
    jonobooth
    Community Member

@rudy You legend!! It worked! Thank you so much. Replaced the whole folder ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits and my account is active again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@jonobooth - excellent! I'm glad to hear that worked for you. On behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome. :)

ref: GWS-72224-253

This discussion has been closed.