Wrong master password after change

cferreira
cferreira
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

Hi!

I've just subscribed for the whole year and I decided to change my master password. After changing it I managed to log in with the new password but as soon as it automatically locked I was no longer able to log in to my account and it says my master password is wrong. I even wrote it down in a paper and a TXT when I made the change to make sure I wasn't writing a typo or something similar.

What can I do now?

1Password Version: Version 7.0.7 (70007001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• cferreira
    cferreira
    Community Member

Also, my old master password doesn't work either.

• cferreira
    cferreira
    Community Member

Holy crap, just noticed that my old password unlocks the chrome extension for 2 seconds and then locks again. High-tech security right there

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @cferreira! When you change your Master Password, that change needs to be pushed to the local client(s). But depending on how you have things set up there when you make the change, it can require that you use your old Master Password to unlock the local app first before the change can be pushed.

First things first, here: if you visit your account in a browser (not any native app), are you able to use the new Master Password to sign in? If not, then you may have written it down wrong or made a typo when entering it. If you can get in, then can you tell me what's happening currently in 1Password for Mac? Does either Master Password work to unlock the app? Can you also tell me whether you have any other accounts signed into 1Password for Mac, or any standalone vaults?

• cferreira
    cferreira
    Community Member

Hello @Lars ! Thank you for your reply.
    I managed to make it work on the actual browser instead of the chrome extension. Cleaning data of the 1password app in every device made it work. Somehow it looked like the old password was cached or something similar.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@cferreira - excellent news! Glad to hear you managed to make it work -- but I'm not 100% certain that means everything's OK. Was there anything else you were still having trouble with? Or all good?

ref: DGQ-85149-479

This discussion has been closed.