Two login windows appear when pressing the 1Password shortcut

Options
atow
atow
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

Occasionally when I press the 1Password keyboard shortcut in a browser window (Command-\), two login windows appear. It doesn't happen everytime, but it's a UI annoyance that I could do without. There's only one 1Password app on my computer, and Activity Monitor shows 1Password 7 (Mac App Store), 1Password Extension Monitor, and 1PasswordNativeMessageHost as running processes.

1Password Version: 7.0.7 (70007001)
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:two login windows

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atow - I'm sorry for the trouble! Is one of the windows larger than the other? If so, what you're seeing is likely a bug that we've been tracking for a while now: the main 1Password 7 for Mac window appears (when it should not) as well as the mini. So, if 1Password is locked, it appears that two windows have popped up...mostly because they have, I suppose. But it's really the main window AND the mini. Does that sound like what's happening to you?

• atow
    atow
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that’s exactly what it looks like.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@atow -- that's what I suspected, and it means you're experiencing this same bug. I don't have any immediate workaround or solution for you, unfortunately, but we are indeed aware of this one and hope to have a fix out before too long. Thanks for your patience and stay tuned to the release notes for updates! :)

This discussion has been closed.