Not seeing same values on iOS and Mac

stumpapi
stumpapi
Community Member

I just updated to 1Password 7 and have a subscription. I have the apps on my iOS devices and on my Mac. On my iOS devices I have two vaults, one says Primary the other Personal. The Primary seems to sync to iCloud. However on my Mac it only shows the Personal account and the Primary vault does not show nor can I find an option to sync also to iCloud. I find the vaults are not the same. I not sure why they are different on the Mac and iOS? I haven't found a way to see the Primary vault on the Mac.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Seems to be iCloud and Personal

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stumpapi - Primary is the old, standalone vault that you were using prior to creating a 1password.com account. Personal is your shiny new 1password.com vault. Personal should be the same everywhere, because it syncs through the 1password.com servers, and if you've signed into your account on all devices, then things should be identical.

Ideally, what you'd want to do if you plan to use the 1password.com account exclusively from now on is - on ONE device - use these instructions to move all of your items from Primary into Personal, then once you're sure it's been moved successfully and Primary is now empty, use these instructions to remove the now-empty Primary vault on all your devices, leaving you running only the 1password.com account, with all your data in it.

• stumpapi
    stumpapi
    Community Member

Thank you. I think I understand. I couldn't find any option to move items but it appears the Personal vault is an import and should be correct for the most part. I did delete the Primary stand alone vault so all should now update in only the Personal vault.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stumpapi

all should now update in only the Personal vault.

That's the goal, yes. If you find that's NOT the case, let us know and we can investigate further. But assuming you have only one account, and that's what you're signed into on all your devices, then things should remain in sync.

This discussion has been closed.