Basic Training? or Total Misunderstanding?

Disapp
Disapp
Community Member

Yes, I've read every Discussion thread I believe is relevant to my problem, so please read this synopsis and counsel from there.
Purchased 1Password 7 for Mac using Family Subscription Plan
1Password 7
Version 7.0.7 (70007000)
AgileBits Store
Installed 1Password Extension on my Chrome Browser
Extension Info:
1Password extension (desktop app required)
On
Version
Permissions
Read and change all your data on the websites you visit
Communicate with cooperating native applications
I manually entered about 40 or so logins and passwords into my Shared Vault
When I visit one of those entered websites, I expect 1Password to complete the User & Password fields automatically.
Am I missing what 1Password is about here? Or do I just need more advice & counseel?

1Password Version: 7.07
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Hi @Disapp,

If you’re expecting filling to happen automatically when you are visiting the page then the problem would be one of expectations. 1Password does not fill any data until you instruct it to do so (either by clicking on the 1Password icon in the browser’s toolbar or by using the Command+\ keyboard shortcut). If you are doing that, and the login is not filling, please verify that the URL of the page that you are viewing matches the website field in the login item. 1Password will only fill matching items (e.x. You can’t fill an item that has nothing in the website field, and you also can’t fill a login for google.com on 1password.com).

I hope that helps! Please let us know.

Ben

• wisconsinbowhunter
    wisconsinbowhunter
    Community Member

Hi there, I just signed up and have a similar situation. I was really struggling to figure out how to use 1Password. After 2 hours of experimenting and reading forum posts I think I've figured it out. It would be extremely helpful if there was a 5 minute video tutorial that shows the basic steps of what a user needs to do on Day 1. Or, if such a video already exists, it should be heavily promoted on the homepage. Thanks!

• Hi @wisconsinbowhunter

We do have a "Get Started" section of our website that may be helpful:

Get started with 1Password

:)

Ben

• Disapp
    Disapp
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Then there is another problem.
    Below is what web address is entered into Vault.
    I visit the site, and press command and back slash keys while the cursor is in the password field, and the 1Pass window displays requiring the Master Password, which I type in and it gets the red lock window vibrating not allowing me to anything but Cancel.

username [removed by 1Password team]
    password
    strength
    website
    https://www.facebook.com

ref: CAB-99352-959

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Disapp - it looks as if my colleague Kaitlyn has been assisting you with the same question/problem you posed of to our email support team as well. Since this will involve discussing details of your specific 1Password setup which should not be in this public forum, let's keep the discussion going via email, if you don't mind. When we have to stop an coordinate multiple responses to the same question from the same user among multiple teammates and points-of-contact, it adds confusion and slows the support experience for everyone, including you. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.