I`ve password 6 with license, but can`t find an account or secret key. Can you help?

soltner
soltner
Community Member

Ive password 6 with license, but cant find an account or secret key. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Ive password 6 with license, but cant find an account or secret key. Can you help?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@soltner you won't have an account or secret key if you're using 1Password 6 as a licensed, standalone version. You'll see the account option, and should have a secret key, only if you've subscribed to 1Password.com (i.e., if you have a subscription as opposed to a standalone licence).

How do you synchronise your 1Password data to other devices?

Stephen

• soltner
    soltner
    Community Member

I havn`t other devices for 1password6. onlay standalone on one mac. but I will use firefox add.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@soltner in that case you need not be concerned about not having an account or secret key because I'm guessing you've never taken out a 1Password subscription (and clearly don't need to if you don't need to synchronise your 1Password data to any other device).

Just to make matters entirely clear, it's perfectly possible to synchronise 1Password data to another device without subscribing to 1Password.com but in certain cases a 1Password.com subscription may make synchronisation easier. However, that seems to be something about which you don't need currently to be concerned.

Stephen

• soltner
    soltner
    Community Member

but when I open firefox I must sign in with e-mail secret key and master keyword. Secret key I don`t have.?????????

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@soltner I am very confused because if you are using only the standalone, licensed version of 1Password 6 you should never be asked for a "secret key".

Please open 1Password and go to the menus. Go to 1Password > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there. Go to 1Password > Preferences. Do you see both a Sync and an Accounts heading? What does it say under Sync, if you see that?

Stephen

• soltner
    soltner
    Community Member

1Password 6, Version 6.8.9 (689001) AgileBits Store, In Preferences are one account and one Sync. heading.
    tresore: Primary tresor---sync with folder................1password.opvault;
    tresore: 1Password ---- sync with ---------nothing

• soltner
    soltner
    Community Member

tresore: 1Password ---- sync with ---------nothing (also possible dropbox or folder)

• @soltner,

It sounds like there's some confusion here and that you've installed the wrong extension in FireFox. As a standalone user you don't have a secret key which means you don't have access to the web based sync service or the ability to use 1Password X. You will need to install the other Firefox extension to use it with the way you have 1Password configured. You will need to uninstall 1Password X from Firefox and install the other browser extension with https://1password.com/browsers/

This discussion has been closed.