Can no longer o-en 1Password on my MacBook Air and my iPad. I have subscribed since 2013

janetwduke
janetwduke
Community Member

I can’t open my account on my Mac devices

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can no longer o-en 1Password on my MacBook Air and my iPad. I have subscribed since 2013

Comments

• janetwduke
    janetwduke
    Community Member

Since I can’t open it I don’t know version.

• janetwduke
    janetwduke
    Community Member

How can I start a chat

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@janetwduke this is not a chat forum but a forum where people post messages and, in due course, get replies. During the working week AgileBits' helpers are active on the forum but that doesn't always happen at the weekend so you may have to be patient.

In the meantime you should be able to tell us the version of 1Password that you're using without opening your account. Just launch 1Password on your Mac and, from the top menu then displayed, look at 1Password > About 1Password and tell us what it says.

Please also tell exactly what you mean when you say:

I can’t open my account on my Mac devices

Do you mean, for example, that your master password is not recognised? Tell us the exact symptoms of the problem. Did you make any changes just before the problem happened and, if so, what changed? When did the problem start?

The more information you can supply the easier it will be for someone to help you.

Stephen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @janetwduke! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now with your 1password.com account. @Stephen_C is correct; this isn't a chatroom, it's a bulletin-board-format discussion forum. Weekends are the time when most of us are, well, enjoying the weekend, though you may find a few of us here. We answer users' issues in order of who's been waiting longest.

To be clear, no one has "subscribed since 2013," since the 1password.com membership service did not exist in 2013. What you had back in those days was a license for standalone 1Password -- and thanks for being a user! However, this is different than a 1password.com account, and it sounds as if this may be part or all of the trouble you're having. Can you tell us what devices you have 1Password installed on, and what version of 1Password you're using on each device? You can check your version for each device using these instructions. Can you also tell us more about the specific issue you're having? You say you can't open 1Password, but I assume you mean unlock instead of actually launch the program? The more information you can give us, the better-able we'll be to assist. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.