How to list trashed items?

arthureisenhour
arthureisenhour
Community Member

Hello, I have been a 1Password user for almost 3 years. I am a loyal 1Password user frequently using it throughout the day. My Trash contains a third as many items as my active vaults. I don't care about the History of items in my active vaults and don't want to search to retrieve items in the Trash. I simply want to know what is in the Trash so I can selectively archive/delete what doesn't need to be recovered from the Trash. I have tried clicking on the Trash can and cannot tell what is in my vaults from what is Trash. I have exported All and cannot distinguish Trash from active vaults. If I open the Trash in Mac, it lists only what has been deleted. How to list only what has been Trashed in 1Password?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.2
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Apple Mac-iOS
Referrer: forum-search:list trash

Comments

• @arthureisenhour,

If you've clicked on the Trash icon in the sidebar of the 1Password window then everything you see in the list of items is in the Trash and emptying the trash will definitely remove all those items. Are you trying to move accidentally deleted items back into the vault it came from?

• arthureisenhour
    arthureisenhour
    Community Member

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response to a dull-witted question. Honestly, the Trash had so many repeatedly updated password entries it looked like active entries were listed as well. It's time for me to archive the older trashed entries. The evident ease of updating passwords gives me all the more appreciation for 1Password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@arthureisenhour - no worries, that's why we're here! You can always create a new vault, call it "Archives" or something similar, and move any items you no longer use/need into there, if you want to retain a record of them.

This discussion has been closed.