How can I see the passwords from my iOS device on my MacBook?

hannes97
hannes97
Community Member
edited August 2018 in Mac

I used 1Password for a couple of years now on my iPhone. I stored all of my passwords into my primary vault which is synced with the iCloud. But somehow I'm not able to see it on my MacBook. For any suggestions I would be very thankful.
Cheers,
Hannes

PS: I just payed for the monthly subscription.

1Password Version: Newest
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Newest
_Sync Type:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:passwords from ios

Comments

• Hi Hannes,

Thank's for using 1Password!

It sounds like your existing data is on iCloud. The newly subscribed monthly subscription syncs with 1Password servers, not iCloud. So, we need to move your existing data into your new subscription vault.

There is an automatic process for this that runs when you sign in to a new account on a device with existing data. Let's see if we can get the automatic process to run and save us some time.

1. On your MacBook, make sure your 1Password.com vault is entirely empty. You said your items are not there, but for this to work, the vault needs to have zero items in it. Select all items and move them to the trash. Empty the trash.
    2. On your iPhone, sign in to your new 1Password account. You can do this through Settings > 1Password Accounts
    3. You should be prompted to migrate your existing data into the account. Follow the on-screen instructions.

That should do it. If you run into problems, we can move your data manually, but it's a bit more involved.

• hannes97
    hannes97
    Community Member

Thank you very much, this worked for me!
    Have a nice day,
    Hannes

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@hannes97 - great to hear it! On behalf of chadseld, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.