Question about project icon

0x00000cc
0x00000cc
Community Member

Hello, my English is from Google Translate, please understand.
I found that I couldn't import the custom icon, it would be reset every time, and I found that the 7 version could not preserve the transparency of the imported icon, the png format image, and the 6 version is fine.
The video link is the one I encountered and used as a demo.

video link

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• 0x00000cc
    0x00000cc
    Community Member

(Sorry, there was a problem with the previous video conne)

Hello, my English is from Google Translate, please understand.
    I found that I couldn't import the custom icon, it would be reset every time, and I found that the 7 version could not preserve the transparency of the imported icon, the png format image, and the 6 version is fine.
    Click on the video link to see my demo.

video link

1Password Version: 7.0.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: 10.13.6
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @0x00000cc! You're correct, this is a bug that we've got currently filed and tracked. We hope to address it soon, though it's not the highest-priority issue on our plates right now. Thanks for noticing and reporting, as well as for your patience! :)

ref: apple-1161

• 0x00000cc
    0x00000cc
    Community Member

Ok, thank you for your reply.
    Looking forward to better.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• 0x00000cc
    0x00000cc
    Community Member

@Lars
    Hey, I found that the problem with custom icons has been fixed in the beta version, which is great, but there is another problem, the transparency of png has disappeared and turned into a white background image, which looks very unattractive. Version 6 is no problem.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@0x00000cc - I'm not sure what you mean; you can use images with transparent backgrounds for your items, but as it's an icon, there will always be a border and the background default is indeed white, to match the rest of the app.

• 0x00000cc
    0x00000cc
    Community Member

@Lars The white background looks very unattractive, and version 6 has no white background, and the automatically matched icon has no white background. Only the 7 version of the customized icon will add a white background by default.

• Perhaps we’re not on the same page. Would you be able to email us a screenshot illustrating what you’re talking about? support+forum@1password.com
    Please post the support ID you get back here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.