My data is present in Mini 1Password, but 1Password won't open, I get prompt that says it is damaged

davelling
davelling
Community Member

I am considering subscribing with an account for (family?) my wife and I. I have had a stand alone subscription for no less than a few years+, but I can't open iPassword app as I get the following prompt... “1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” download it again from App Store. I want to make sure my current license is acting okay before I try to migrate data over. I lost my hard drive in my MB Pro a few months ago, and this is what I get now. I don't have a clue what version of 1Password I have that I would need to reinstall..?? All that I see is the Mini 1Password tool now, and the data within it. What should I do, and how do I do that? I don't want to lose what I minimally have now... as I consider upgrading..??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find what version of stand alone license I have... I get the following when I open 1Password:“1Password” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “1Password” and download it again from the App Store. What version do I download?

Comments

• davelling
    davelling
    Community Member

I actually think the problem may be resolved now as I downloaded Version 6 and it appears like it all shows and works. I was able to read another similar previous post that led me to give it a go... I will look to see how I can proceed to give the subscription a free trial and see if I can get my data migrated over now...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @davelling! Sorry for the confusion getting upgraded and moved over to a 1Password Families account. To be clear, what you have had "for years" is not in fact a subscription but instead a standalone license for 1Password for Mac (and possibly other platforms, if you bought those as well). If you would like to continue with the 1Password Families route, you should be good to go (though I confess to not being 100% sure where things stand at this moment). Can you let me know what you see when you visit 1Password's Preferences > Vaults? How many vaults do you see, and what are their names? Also, can you see all your items in the main 1Password window? Thanks.

• davelling
    davelling
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thanks for the forum welcome and response. I see (4?) vaults..?? I see a main one that says dellington. There are (2) sub vaults underneath that. One is named Private, and the other is Shared. I also have another main vault named Primary (on iCloud?). In the 1Password sidebar there is a tab that says All Vaults, and it says (3) Vaults. When I click on the All Vaults tab it looks like I am getting two of every data entry for some reason..?? Anyway, I think I have upgraded fine... but I did something that gave me duplicate data entries in the All Vaults view.

Thanks again Lars!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@davelling - that's what I figured: you did import your data successfully, but you didn't remove your older local (standalone) vault. That's the one called "Primary." To remove it, open Preferences > Advanced and UNcheck the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." This will remove your Primary vault and leave you with only your 1password.com account's vaults. Make sure you've got a copy of your account's Emergency Kit, and that you know your Master Password!

• davelling
    davelling
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thank you for the follow-up that will complete this transition for me! Very helpful and appreciated!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@davelling - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.