1Password7 requires .opvault file?

shu
shu
Community Member

Hi, my computer unexpectedly died so I got a new one and installed 1Password7. During setup, it asks me to select an .opvault file from Dropbox which is where I synced up before. However, I only have .agilekeychain file that it won't let me select. How can I get my vault set up and running?

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @shu,

1Password 7 no longer supports using agilekeychain as a destination for sync. The easiest way to migrate that agilekeychain to an opvault is going to be to setup 1Password 7 with a standalone vault and make use of the File -> Import -> 1Password Keychain mechanism for importing that agilekeychain.

• shu
    shu
    Community Member

Thanks! I got my vault imported, but now I realize that I downloaded a free trial... I have a license key for a family plan that I was on. How do I add that?

• @shu,

1Password 7 isn't a free update. Any prior license doesn't cover 1Password 7. If you click the read-only button in the main window it should show you the options for either a 1Password.com account or purchasing a standalone license for 1Password 7.

This discussion has been closed.