I installing 1Password on a new mac. I can't open 1Password.agilekeychain

dnorth
dnorth
Community Member

I have installed version 7 on my new mac. I select for it to sync with DropBox but when I browse to the 1Password.agilekeychaind it will not allow me to select it

I don't remember if I upgraded to version 7 on my old computer or not.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.13.6
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:can't open 1Password.agilekeychain version 7

Comments

• rudy
    edited August 2018

@dnorth,

1Password 7 no longer supports using agilekeychain as a destination for sync. The easiest way to migrate that agilekeychain to an opvault is going to be to setup 1Password 7 with a standalone vault and make use of the File -> Import -> 1Password Keychain mechanism for importing that agilekeychain.

• dnorth
    dnorth
    Community Member

Ok, When I try to do that it wants me to use a license to gain access to the import function. It is wanting me to open a file. Should I be able to find a file on my old computer to copy to my new computer?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dnorth - 1Password 7 for Mac is a completely new, full-version upgrade, and as such it requires an upgrade purchase of either a license or a 1password.com membership to use it -- unless your license for version 6 was purchased on or after March 27 of this year. You'll need to either click 1Password > Purchase 1Password or click the Read Only badge which should be visible in the main window of 1Password (in the item detail area). Either one should launch a Purchase window for you to choose whether you'd like the advantages of a 1password.com membership, or just to purchase a standalone license to use 1Password 7 for Mac. Licenses for previous versions of 1Password will not work in 1Password 7 for Mac. Hope that helps! :)

• dnorth
    dnorth
    Community Member

Well it is clear, but does not make me very happy.

• @dnorth

I’m sorry to hear that. Working on 1Password is a full time career for a growing number of people. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears go into building it. We hope that effort shows in the quality of service offered and also that folks will find the value provided by 1Password well outweighs the expense.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.