How to save existing login to the application in 1P6

drlevbk
drlevbk
Community Member

How to save in 1P6 existing login to the application such as Skype? When I enter manually the login info to Skype, no 1P6 prompt window offering to save login info appears.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.2.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.4
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@drlevbk - Currently, 1Password cannot save or fill into applications on your Mac that aren't browsers. This may be changing in the future, but for now, there are a few workarounds. You can visit Skype in a browser (instead of the native Skype application), and sign in there, and 1Password should offer to save your username and password. Once you've captured it there, you can use that Login record in 1Password anywhere you like, including in the native Skype app (though, as I mentioned, you'll be limited to copy/paste until Apple allows for in-app filling, hopefully sometime in the not-too-distant future). Hope that helps!

• drlevbk
    drlevbk
    Community Member
    edited August 2018

Lars,

Thank you for your suggestion of the workaround. This will do for now until the save/fill login function of 1Password is extended to the applications outside the browsers hopefully with Apples's cooperation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@drlevbk - you're quite welcome! Yes, the day when Apple allows us to interact with other apps besides just your browsers will be a great day indeed. Looking forward to it myself. :)

This discussion has been closed.