help

ihatethis
ihatethis
Community Member

i cannot express strongly enough how difficult and frustrating this software has become. i have been a loyal user with no issues for years until v7. i purchased v7, it will not find my old vaults (i have a business and personal) and now the browser extension for v6 no longer works. this is a complete nightmare. i need to speak with someone. i can't do this by message thread. please tell me how i can speak with someone to get this software to work properly. this is unworkable.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ihatethis - I'm sorry for the trouble you're having just now, and I'm happy to help you right here or via email at support@1password.com, but unfortunately, we do not offer telephone support or "live chat" for 1Password. The browser extension for version 6 is the same one for version 7, so I don't think that's likely to be an issue (though of course a specific extension can become corrupted or need to be reinstalled). I think, to get a better idea of what's going on with your specific 1Password setup, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#ZIQ-65746-668]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @ihatethis only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: ZIQ-65746-668

• ihatethis
    ihatethis
    Community Member

i don't want to run 2 versions. i have 6 set up with 2 vaults. i have 7 but don't know how to reset master pw so i can't get into it. i just want an easy way to transfer both vaults from 6 into 7 and be done with it. this whole process has been unreasonable and i need to reconcile so that i can get back to my work.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ihatethis - you should definitely not run both versions side-by-side. How are you syncing your data, currently (in 1Password 6 for Mac)? Dropbox? Something else?

• ihatethis
    ihatethis
    Community Member

syncing w dropbox.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ihatethis - thanks! I've replied to you via email; since we're discussing details of your setup, let's keep the conversation going via email instead of here in this public forum. :)

This discussion has been closed.