Unable to access 1Password

This discussion was created from comments split from: Changing Master Password Causes Several Serious Issues.

Comments

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member

What a surprise! I am able to change my MASTER PASSWORD however, I am not able to access any files on any of the hardware I have because I have a "Demo" vault. Oh, by the way, there is no indication as to deleting this vault. I only wish to access my passwords. I would like 1Password to work fabulously and store all of my passwords. Currently, it is no longer functioning. I understand that patience is a virtue, acquire it. I have been trying for 50 yrs., unsuccessfully.

• Hi @nicholsr,

Do you have a 1Password subscription membership? If so are you able to log in at https://my.1password.com? Can you view all of your data there?

If the answers to all of those questions are ‘yes’ then please print an Emergency Kit:

Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password

Once you have done so please select the Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data from the menu bar at the 1Password for Mac lock screen, and then sign in to your membership using your Emergency Kit.

Ben

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member

Big Ben,
    I have a membership, an emergency kit, an authorization key. My iPhone and iPad work with my fingerprint. My MacBook Pro and my iMac-27 require entering the password one character at a time. Apparently, I did not explain myself correctly. I am able to access all of my passwords using an OLD master password. When I changed my Master Password and then tried to log in - it failed. I went to all of the known support areas. I signed off. I signed back in with my new Password and it failed - I then used my OLD password and it works great. I get to see all of my passwords and each work Happy Camper! Sad Camper is apparently not allowed to change from the OLD password to the new password without issues.

• Thanks for the update @nicholsr. I believe that is caused by having a “Primary” vault hanging around. Following the instructions I posted above will eliminate that vault and allow you to unlock 1Password with your 1Password.com account password on those devices.

Ben

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member

Ben,
    I have followed the instructions that you directed. I am unable to access my account using either of my Emergency Kits.
    I have made sure that the "sign-in address" (correct); "email address" (correct); "Secret Key" (There are two: 12/7/2016 (This 1Password account has been deleted and can no longer be accessed. Please contact your account administrator for more information.) & 06/07/2018 (We were unable to verify your credentials. Please make sure your username, password, and Secret Key are correct.))
    I am unable to verify my creds. I am able to access my passwords using my current Master Password (which does not work with Security Key 06/07/2018). My current count is 301 Items and only because I am a hoarder.

Robin

• @nicholsr,

In 1Password for Mac please look in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. You can view your Secret Key there. Hover over the Secret Key field and then tap the downward facing arrow to the right and select the large type option.

Ben

• nicholsr
    nicholsr
    Community Member

How about that - all 40 characters are identical to the aforementioned Security Key 06/07/2018 of which I am unable to verify my creds. Next?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@nicholsr - if one of your accounts was a 1Password Families account and the other was either a different 1Password Families account with a different prefix ("____.1password.com") or and individual account (which uses my.1password.com), then you may need to check that -- using the wrong URL for the wrong account will of course not work.

If you feel as if you've already tried the above, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/454295/#Comment_454295
    • Your forum username: @nicholsr

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

ref: CCV-88215-174

This discussion has been closed.