How to opt out of betas

Options
mtk67
mtk67
Community Member

To test a bug fix after the v7 release, I opted in to beta updates to test a patch. Now I don't have the ability to uncheck the "Include Beta Builds" check box. It is grayed out. Any idea how I can go about opting out? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.1 Beta 3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX High Sierra
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtk67 - I'm not certain why the "include beta builds" box would be grayed out, but yes, I do know one surefire way to get back to where you want to be:

1. Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu)
    2. Delete 1Password 7 for Mac beta version. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash. Don't worry about your data; deleting the app doesn't touch it.
    3. Visit our downloads page and download a copy of the stable build (currently 7.0.7)
    4. Run the installer, and as soon as you unlock for the first time, go back to Preferences > Updates and see what the status of that checkbox is. If it's checked, see if you can now UNcheck it.

Let me know what you discover!

• mtk67
    mtk67
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Lars. I will try both suggestions (this and in the other thread) in the next few days (my parent's computer). I will post back here if I have any further troubles on either front. - Mike

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. We're here if you need us! :)

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Seeing the same thing.

On Stable release, checking "Include Beta Builds" does nothing. When you check for updates it says there are none. If you quit out of preferences and open preferences again its unchecked.

On Beta release, "Include Beta Builds" is automatically checked and greyed out with no ability to uncheck it.

Is this intentional?

I wanted to go from Stable -> Beta so I could troubleshoot why downloading the update was slow over ipv6 vs ipv4, which I just experienced going from Beta -> Beta

• rudy
    Options

@defiant,

The checkbox not accepting its state is a bug that's fixed in 7.2.2.

Beta releases don't allow you to turn off the include beta builds flag, if you want to get off the beta you would need to download the latest release and install it. We don't want people staying on a stale beta release as they do in fact expire after a period of time.

• defiant
    defiant
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @rudy that makes sense.

Cool, I don't want to get off beta as I like to live dangerously/help you guys find bugs 👍🏻

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, great! Thanks for participating in the beta! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.