I updated to 1password 7, but cannot log in

samuelchan
samuelchan
Community Member

I used to use 1password 6, just update to 1password 7, but I cannot get access to my passwords.

I think I don't have a membership, just license before.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @samuelchan! If you previously were using 1Password as a standalone app with local data and (possibly) advanced, 3rd party sync like Dropbox or iCloud, then when you upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac, you could either have chosen to remain a standalone user, or you could have created a 1password.com account. If you remained a standalone user, your Master Password would not have changed. If you created a 1password.com account, however, you would have been given a Secret Key and asked to choose a Master Password. This new Master Password could have been - but wouldn't have to be - the same as your previous Master Password. Do you recall setting up a 1password.com account, and if so, did you choose a different Master Password than the one you used in the past? If so, please try both the old and new Master Password in your 1Password for Mac setup, and let me know how that works. If you think (or you know) you created a 1password.com account, you might also want to try signing into your account in a browser at https://my.1password.com and see if you can access your data that way.

• samuelchan
    samuelchan
    Community Member

@Lars Thank you so much, I have solved the problem, cheers.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2018

@samuelchan - great! Here's where I'd usually say something like "glad I was able to help you," but in this case, since you appear to have solved the problem by yourself, I can't hardly claim any credit for it. I'm just glad you're all sorted out now. Let us know if you have any further troubles or questions. Cheers!

ref: DUV-42226-627

This discussion has been closed.